With over two decades as a TV reporter and creator of CNBC’s ‘Disruptor 50’ franchise, Julia Boorstin has interviewed and studied thousands of business leaders. And while witnessing the dearth of women in positions of leadership, she committed to the ideal that true gender equity shouldn’t be a pipe dream.
In her newly released book, ‘WHEN WOMEN LEAD: What They Achieve, Why They Succeed, and How We Can Learn from Them’, Julia shares her groundbreaking and ‘deeply reported’ narrative work from interviewing thousands of female business leaders and executives. These interviews reveal the counterintuitive, against-all-odds approaches of women running the world’s most innovative and successful companies—and what we can learn from them.
On this episode of Glambition Radio, you’ll hear:
- How Julia’s experience working at Fortune and now CNBC developed her interest in entrepreneurship and how it shaped this book
- Her biggest takeaway from interviewing thousands of female CEOs and executives, including Katrina Lake, Gwyneth Paltrow, and more
- What Julia believes is one of the most important traits of a successful CEO and leader
- Stories of how women are continuously disrupting systems, fixing systematic problems, and overcoming challenges in business
And make sure you listen until the end where you’ll hear Julia’s 3 pieces of uncommon, yet brilliant advice!
Head to Apple Podcasts now to listen to this episode of Glambition Radio (or download it for later).
And come join in the conversation on Instagram. Please DO share about this show, and we’ll share your post! Tag me along with the hashtag #GlambitionRadio.
P.S. I would love your review. If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
- Order Julia’s new book, ‘When Women Lead’
- Follow Julia on Instagram
- Apply to join my November 2+3 event ICONIC: The Revolution
- Learn more about The Trust – the modern, premier network for 7+8-figure women entrepreneurs