In our increasingly virtual world, meaningful connections need to be deliberately cultivated. For both our businesses and personal lives, it’s critical we generate and maintain strong relationships despite any technological or geographical distance.
Susan McPherson is a serial connector, angel investor, and corporate responsibility expert. She’s the founder and CEO of McPherson Strategies, a communications consultancy focused on the intersection of brands and social impact.
With over 25 years of communications experience under her belt, Susan has channeled her love and passion for connecting people into her new book, ‘The Lost Art of Connecting: The Gather, Ask, Do Method for Building Meaningful Relationships.’
And as you’ll hear on Glambition Radio, Susan shares a simple three-part strategy to amplify your relationships… and help readers create meaningful connections in our increasingly virtual world.
Susan has contributed to the Harvard Business Review, Fast Company, and Forbes. Her other media appearances include NPR, CNN, USA Today, The New Yorker, New York Magazine and the Los Angeles Times. You can purchase her new book, ‘The Lost Art of Connecting,’ online and in retail booksellers.
On this episode of #GlambitionRadio, you’ll hear:
- Why building a communications consultancy was never part of Susan’s life plan… but quickly became the vehicle for her mission to revive meaningful relationships in a quickly changing social landscape
- An artful and effective communication tactic to use during your next Zoom meeting for more team camaraderie (especially useful for leaders to implement when they’re in ‘business mode’)
- How to discover the ‘commonalities in the un-commonalities’ to help move the needle on any mission you desire to accomplish (the solution you seek might be one conversation away!)
- The ESSENTIAL question you can ask to instantly connect with ANYONE… and why you have more power to create positive change in your circles than you realize! (Ladies, please stop underestimating your value here…)
- Why you should begin ‘thinking forward’ to help your team thrive in a hybrid work environment… plus, Susan’s thoughtful consideration to help your team show up as their best ‘one-self’
Head to Apple Podcasts now to listen to this episode of Glambition Radio (or download it for later).
And come join in the conversation on Instagram or Facebook.
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts,’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
- Learn more about Susan on her website
- Order Susan’s new book, ‘The Lost Art of Connecting’
- Learn more + apply for ICONIC 2021: Liberation at ICONICwithAliBrown.com
- Learn more about The Trust – my new premier network for 7+8-figure women entrepreneurs