After a surprise medical diagnosis changed this luxury makeup artist’s career forever, she decided to create an adjacent business that would help others in the same position. And hence Terri Bryant created Guide Beauty— a new line of makeup tools for those with physical challenges.
For decades prior, connecting makeup concepts and their flawless application was Terri’s greatest joy and livelihood. A lifelong beauty enthusiast, she quickly rose through the ranks at iconic cosmetics brands including Dior, Chanel, Stila, Smashbox and others from NYC to LA.
But when over time she noticed she was losing ability in her hands and arms, she finally found the right doctor who diagnosed her with Parkinson’s disease.
Leveraging her decades of expertise, Terri combined her love of makeup artistry and education with the ‘unexpectedly beautiful gift’ of a challenging disease to launch Guide Beauty. This clean cosmetics formula + tool line is founded on universal design principles that allow for easier and better makeup application for those with physical challenges… AND those of us who like a bit more ‘fool proof-ness’ in our application. (Myself included!)
On this episode of #GlambitionRadio, you’ll hear:
- Terri’s FIRST (and humorous) reaction when she received her Parkinson’s diagnosis — this also inspired her tools! (We had a laugh about this because we both love wearing the same fashion item.)
- The depth of user-testing that went into creating Guide Beauty tools—and how Terri created a safe space for a ‘makeup-shy’ market to share their vulnerabilities
- How Terri leaped into the ‘roadblocks’ of her diagnosis – and embraced the disconnection between her mind and hands to create this inclusive beauty line
- Why beauty is not as superficial as some think — the value of beauty is unique to each individual. (You’ll hear both of us reminisce our early-womanhood beauty beginnings!)
Head to Apple Podcasts now to listen to this episode of Glambition Radio (or download it for later).
And come join in the conversation on Instagram or Facebook.
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts,’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
- Explore Terri’s Guide Beauty line
- Learn more about The Trust– my new premier network for 7+8-figure women entrepreneurs