Taryn Brumfitt had no idea by sharing a non-traditional “before and after” image online to give her girlfriends a boost of self-acceptance would get so much attention. On the left, a posed and ripped Taryn in a bikini. On the right, a naked and plumper Taryn, completely comfortable in her own skin. The 2013 post initially generated over 100,000,000 views, her inbox was immediately flooded with thousands of emails, worldwide media began blowing up her phone, and by default, her Global Body Image movement was launched. This past year, her documentary EMBRACE was released as well, and we’ve got the full story on this week’s Glambition Radio.
Taryn’s documentary was Australia’s most successful documentary last year. The film has had hundreds of screenings in the U.S., and in Germany EMBRACE even surpassed the opening nights of both Guardians of the Galaxy and King Arthur. The film shot to number one at the box office, beating male-led block-busters. It’s a testament to how many women around the world are ready to change the conversation of how we view and value our bodies.
Hear Taryn’s full story and more about her EMBRACE film on this episode of Glambition Radio.
On the show we discuss:
* How Taryn handled the initial deluge of media interest, support… and the haters, who thought she was promoting obesity!
* Whether she has ever had a “vulnerability hangover” around it posting that image in the first place.
* Why she decided to create the Body Image Movement and what it’s doing around the world
* Why her Embrace film initially received a MA-15 rating in Australia (an R-rating here in the States) and how she fought the classification board to get it overturned
* The backlash from her fans when she posted a photo with Aussie active-wear guru Lorna Jane — you have to hear why it happened, how she handled it, and the good that’s come from it
* What she thinks about social media and how it’s supporting her movement (and how she teaches kids to use it to inspire their life)
* She and I also have a real chat about cosmetic surgery (her views may surprise you) and I share mine too.
Hear how Taryn turned the negativity and criticism she faced about her message (and her body) into a world-wide movement that has educated millions and has created a great shift in how we look at ourselves and others.
On this episode of Glambition Radio, Taryn and I also talk about the importance of not taking yourself too seriously, how to stop being at war with you body, and why you need to trust yourself.
You’re not going to want to miss this! So head over to iTunes and listen to this episode of Glambition Radio now (or download for later).
Love and Success,
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoy what I share in this episode, please leave a review and comment on iTunes. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!