For over two decades, today’s Glambition Radio guest was content to produce wildly successful book clubs and media launches for Oprah Winfrey… completely behind the scenes. And she thrived in her role as ‘the person behind the person’. But when the level of service sustaining her professional success suddenly flipped the switch, it illuminated her sacrifice of self-care. So Sheri Salata was forced to get real, go deeper, and ground into her courage…
Courage to let go of security. Courage to co-create her life with the Universe. And courage to embrace ‘the beautiful no’ causing redirection and rejection — allowing for a more authentic experience of living life from a place of love. And on #GlambitionRadio, Sheri reveals the shifts that transformed her relationship to self-care and uncertainty, and ultimately led to emerging from behind the scenes into the spotlight of her new life.
Sheri served as Co-President of Harpo Studios and OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network. She has been named one of Fast Company’s 100 Most Creative People in Business, The Hollywood Reporter’s Women in Entertainment Power 100 and the 2017 Feminist Press Power Award winners. Sheri’s first book, The Beautiful No and Other Tales of Trial, Transcendence and Transformation, published by Harper Collins, debuted in June 2019.
On this powerful episode, you’ll hear:
- Why a strong ‘dreaming practice’ can be your secret superpower (hint—you only need 15 minutes to start feeling results!)
- Why BIG expansion doesn’t have to equal ‘creative frenzy’ — and how to embrace mindfulness and flow
- Ways to relieve yourself of that ever-nagging comparison to others — and truly embrace your own growth and elevation
- How to reexamine life’s disappointment, heartbreak, and betrayal with a more expansive and abundant perspective (where are you relying on a scarcity mindset?)
- The deep call Sheri answered to embody new levels of visibility — and vulnerability — to create a lasting impact on the world around her
- Simple techniques to ground in your spiritual practice — that translate directly into more aligned business success (this is especially important for high-achieving women)
And, I know after listening to this episode you’ll be able to reflect and appreciate the ‘beautiful nos’ that have appeared in your life. 🙂
Head to Apple Podcasts now to listen to this episode of Glambition Radio (or download it for later).
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts,’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
- Read Sheri’s new book, The Beautiful No
- Learn more about The Pillar Life
- Listen to‘The Sheri + Nancy Show’
- Listen to ‘Your Ego Loves False Metrics’ — Glambition Radio Episode 179 with Ali Brown
- Hear my previous interview with Sheri on Glambition Radio Episode 148