In a culture where we are primed to apologize from a young age, this Silicon Valley leader is giving women permission to bravely achieve more… without the guilt.
Shellye Archambeau is an experienced CEO and board member of several nationally recognized companies (including Verizon and Nordstrom). And over the course of her impressive career building brands, high-performance teams, and organizations, she’s demonstrated something we can all learn from: unapologetic ambition.
Her new book, ‘Unapologetically Ambitious: Take Risks, Break Barriers and Create Success on Your Own Terms’, was recently released to teach and inspire women how to fight battles, make tradeoffs, and create the life they want, as you’ll hear on Glambition Radio.
Shellye is also a strategic advisor to the Royal Bank of Canada, Capital Markets Group and Forbes Ignite, with over 30 years of experience in technology. She is the former CEO of MetricStream, a Silicon Valley-based, governance, risk, and compliance software company. She is also a Forbes contributor and the subject of the Harvard Business School Case Study: Becoming a CEO.
On this episode, you’ll hear:
- What ‘unapologetically ambitious’ actually means… and why you don’t need a chip on your shoulder to achieve your biggest goals
- Three common motivations behind making apologies—and how to unwind this unconscious response (especially true for women, who use apologies ‘like salt’)
- How to tap into a superior’s ‘terms of value’ during a career negotiation—this is a brilliant strategy to set you up for immediate success!
- One simple question Shellye asks herself to determine how to reach a goal (if this isn’t future-forward thinking, I don’t know what is…)
Head to Apple Podcasts now to listen to this episode of Glambition Radio (or download it for later).
And come join in the conversation on Instagram or Facebook.
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts,’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
- Learn more about Shellye’s expertise on her website
- Order Shellye’s new book, ‘Unapologetically Ambitious’
- Learn more about The Trust– my new premier network for 7+8-figure women entrepreneurs