The youngest of 21 children, today’s guest was born into poverty on a remote, Southern Illinois farm called ‘The Hill’. But Sarah Frey never focused on her family’s lack… instead, she cultivated extreme confidence and capability during her rough-and-tumble childhood… traits that would directly affect her family’s future and her becoming the nation’s leading producer of pumpkins.
On Glambition Radio, you’ll learn how after taking over the family farm as a teenager and negotiating deals with some of the biggest retailers in the country, Sarah’s determination to start a new life off The Hill transformed into a calling to save the farm from ruin… creating a new family lifestyle, a thriving entrepreneurial venture, and achieving national recognition in the process.
Sarah founded Frey Farms in 1992 as a simple produce delivery route with an old pickup truck. Today, her family business is the nation’s leading producer of pumpkins, grows fresh fruits and vegetables in seven states, and sells a new line of juices. Sarah’s new book,‘The Growing Season’ is scheduled for release later this month.
On this episode of #GlambitionRadio, you’ll hear:
- How Sarah cultivated self-reliance + determination as a young girl through unimaginable childhood challenges on The Hill (her stories will make your jaw drop…)
- The pivotal moment Sarah realized the past she wanted to leave behind was the KEY to her future (AND the preservation of The Hill)
- Several fantastic tales from her country upbringing… including snapping turtles, ‘ballsy’ business deals, and MORE… (you don’t hear stories like these every day!)
- Why Sarah’s negotiation skills have become case studies for Harvard Business School, even though she lacks any formal business training or education!
- How Frey Farms has been affected by COVID-19, and the unexpected inspiration that brought her community together
Head to Apple Podcasts now to listen to this episode of Glambition Radio (or download it for later).
And come join in the conversation on Instagram or Facebook.
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts,’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
- Learn more about Sarah and Frey Farms
- Pre-order Sarah’s new book, ‘The Growing Season’
- Learn more about The Trust– my new premier network for 7+8-figure women entrepreneurs