As we all review our credit card statements to see which of our dozens of subscriptions are truly necessary… the question emerges: What makes one subscription or membership more essential than another?
Today on #GlambitionRadio, Robbie Kellman Baxter takes us inside what she calls the ‘Membership Economy’, and explains how you can create a forever transaction with your most loyal customers… and keep them coming back for more, even when they don’t get anything traditionally ‘tangible’ in return.
On GlambitionRadio.com you’ll learn why some of the world’s largest and most successful community- and subscription-business models are thriving—even in the face of the current economic climate—and just how quickly subscription technology is adapting to consumer needs on a yearly, monthly, and moment-to-moment basis. (This is evolving even more rapidly as we transition to more time spent at home.)
Robbie is the author of ‘The Membership Economy: Find Your Superusers, Master the Forever Transaction & Build Recurring Revenue’, a book that has been named a top 5 Marketing Book of the Year by Inc.com, as well as the forthcoming book ‘The Forever Transaction’ (McGraw-Hill 2020). Robbie coined the popular business term ‘Membership Economy’ and her expertise with companies in the emerging Membership Economy extends to include SaaS, media, consumer products, and retail and community organizations.
On this episode, you’ll hear:
- How to focus in on who your best members are— and optimize your offerings around their quirks (this is a fascinating study!)
- Why meaning and relationships never go out of style — and why you shouldn’t try to be all things to all people (a business truism worth repeating)
- How to identify a business promise that will justify recurring revenue from your customers… forever
- Why disruption has rushed innovation—and what that means for the future of your household (you’ll never look at your refrigerator the same way again…)
Head to Apple Podcasts now to listen to this episode of Glambition Radio (or download it for later).
And come join in the conversation on Instagram or Facebook.
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts,’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
- Read ‘The Membership Economy’
- Preorder ‘The Forever Transaction’
- Learn more about The Trust—my new premier network for 7+8-figure women entrepreneurs