Sometimes it pays to be a misfit. And for this former editor-in-chief of ‘More’ magazine, being ‘different’ is exactly what led to multiple personal and professional reinventions… each more enriching than the last. And while confronting the realities of not fitting in—with data, dollars, and social cues from strangers to prove it—can lead to a few twists and turns, these are also the circumstances that lead to immense growth and creativity.
CoveyClub Founder Lesley Jane Seymour is a renowned media entrepreneur and one of the publishing industry’s most respected leaders. And on today’s #GlambitionRadio, you’ll hear how she is leading the charge for professional women to make grand comebacks and reinvent our careers, well into our 40s, 50s, and beyond.
Before the tragic demise of ‘More’, Lesley began proactively creating her own reinvention plan… something she encourages women everywhere to think about before they’re forced to react to unexpected change. Today’s professional women are the first generation to face longer careers along with major industry disruptions, while also having more resources available to make their ambitions come true than ever before.
On this episode, you’ll hear:
- Why not fitting in can be a blessing in disguise — and how to channel rejection into reinvention
- How Lesley embraced a cross-country move as a chance to ditch her old identity (have you ever felt a physical location holding you back from your next evolution?)
- The social impact of magazines that isn’t often spoken about — and how Lesley used media as a platform for women’s advocacy (she was the first to publish a picture of what!?)
- The ‘snapshot’ memory with two First Ladies that Lesley will never forget — and how that moment marked a turning point in her career
- How the downfall of ‘More’ magazine created a loyal, digital following of women around the world — the exact women who convinced Lesley to create her next big media opportunity
I have a professional girl-crush on Lesley and I think you’ll feel the same after listening to this episode!
Head to Apple Podcasts now to listen to this episode of Glambition Radio (or download it for later).
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts,’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
- Listen to Lesley’s Reinvent Yourself podcast
- Visit the CoveyClub
- Learn more about The Trust – my new premier network for 7+8-figure women entrepreneurs