Lauren Zander (formerly Handel) started her career the same as many of us did — she took a desk job straight out of college, wanting to save the world. She hated the job, but she discovered that she had a knack for helping people solve their problems, so she began coaching people through their struggles. But there is a lot to Lauren’s story of growth, both on the business and personal side. She shares it all, along with her powerful advice, on this episode of Glambition Radio.
I have Lauren walk me through the beginning of how she started and grew her multimillion-dollar firm, as well as what comprises her groundbreaking methodology, The Handel Method®, which teaches clients to ‘hack into their own mainframe to redesign their life’. Clients come to her for coaching around their work lives but also their relationships, families… even their sex lives.
We also dive into Lauren’s book “Maybe It’s You: Cut the Crap, Face Your Fears, Love Your Life”, which, as you can guess by the title, is a no-B.S. approach to fixing what’s not working in your life and turning things around.
The author, university lecturer, and public speaker is also a contributor to several publications and media outlets, including The New York Times, Harvard Business Review, Forbes, Self, Women’s Health, Marie Claire, and The Huffington Post. Lauren has also led seminars and conferences all over the world for World Bank, the US Department of Justice for Judges, Rodale Publishing, and Donna Karan’s Urban Zen, just to name a few.
On this episode of #GlambitionRadio, we also discuss:
* How Lauren has effectively been able to generate constant press in recent years—it’s not just having a publicist
* The magic tips she uses to network and grow her clientele list. (On the show she tells a story on how she landed one high-profile client at a cocktail party.)
* The importance of following through when making a new connection (this is crucial when networking, and many seem to neglect doing it)
* Lauren’s thoughts on the current political climate and leadership in our country and how we should respond
* The one thing Lauren wishes women did more of (this is key to her teachings)
* What “personal pollution” is, and why it’s important to recognize
* What happens when you’re okay with humiliation and rejection
* The benefits of taking an improv class for your life and business
On the show Lauren and I also discuss why you should make a promise and put a consequence on it, why you should NOT try to change a man, and why you should be honest with yourself if you’re not feeling challenged in your career.
Head over to iTunes and listen to this episode of Glambition Radio now (or download it for later).
P.S. We landed you a $75-off promo code if you’d like to try out Lauren’s Inner.U course. Use code GLAMBITION75 for $75 off a subscription level at checkout. Go to InnerU.Coach.
P.S.S. Talk to a human and see if Handel Group coaching options are right for you. Find out which areas of life you may need to work on with the free coaching tool from Lauren Zander and Handel Group, The Current Reality Quiz. It’s an easy (and fun!) way to self assess: http://bit.ly/GLAMBITIONCRQ