You know her as a star trainer on ‘The Biggest Loser’, founder of the Bionic Body brand (sold nationwide including in Target), and an all-around famous fitness inspiration. But did you know that Kim Lyons’ secret to success was… failure? Yes. On Glambition Radio, she shares the REAL story of how she went from flight school(!) graduate to personal trainer to NBC primetime and then creator of her own destiny with her own brand and mission.
I have to say this was one of the most enjoyable conversations I’ve had on #GlambitionRadio, because Kim didn’t hesitate to share the things we REALLY want to know… like how the Biggest Loser opportunity happened, what it was truly like, how she felt when she wasn’t asked back for a third season, what made her decide to create her own line of products (her answer may surprise you), and how she’s feeling more excited than ever at age 45… breaking into the true destiny of her career and brand.
On the show, we also discuss:
* how she went to the Biggest Loser audition right after receiving the call — straight from the beach, and with no agent, no manager, nothing! (And she almost left the room three times.)
* why her first season of BL actually didn’t happen – the producers called the night before she was going to start taping to say ‘it fell through’ because Jillian Michaels was returning to the show (I never knew this part of the story—your heart will drop for how Kim must have felt)
* what it was like to go from 0 to 60 on the fame meter without any TV experience (and with the public constantly monitoring her… no way could she enjoy an occasional burger and fries!)
* how she approached creating training equipment especially for women (no one had done it well yet, but it wasn’t as easy as she thought either)
* how she struggled with the immense controversy surrounding ‘The Biggest Loser’ (it took 3 years for her to understand the mission of the show and how she played a part in it)
* how she graduated flight school to become a pilot and literally overnight she decided that it wasn’t what she wanted to be doing (love that she wasn’t afraid to change course)
* how she said yes on a whim to investing in becoming a certified personal trainer —even though it cost the same as her rent for the month (I love this story because I believe women shift at a cellular level when they decide to invest in themselves)
* how she ended up winning the Ms. Galaxy competition despite everyone telling her she didn’t stand a chance at winning. (By the way, I love that she also ended up marrying Mr. Universe — no joke.)
On this episode of #GlambitionRadio, Kim and I also discuss why you shouldn’t be afraid to refocus your goals, the importance of putting your health first and not feeling guilty for doing so, and why everyone should take just 10 minutes a day to focus on their passion.
You really don’t want to miss this one. Listen to this episode of Glambition Radio now (or download it for later).
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoy what I share in this episode, please leave a review and comment on iTunes. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!