She said her lines, they said “thank you”, and she left in tears. She’d waited in line for over three hours in a bikini to audition for a potential job hosting a TV travel show. And she was emotional — not because she performed poorly, but because at that moment she knew she would NEVER again put herself in a position like this, where someone else decided her destiny.
From that moment on, Keri Murphy’s life began to shift, because she owned it.
Not that she hadn’t already made some incredible moves. She’d already gone from furniture store salesgirl to interior decorator at age 23. And she bought her hometown modeling agency when she was 27 (which nearly ended in bankruptcy – but it was still one of the best things she’d ever done, as she explains on the show).
But once Keri claimed her destiny that day in LA, magical things began to happen. Today, she’s CEO of Inspired Living, leading thousands of women to step into their brilliance by owning their power and platforms.
On this week’s episode of Glambition Radio, Keri and I walk through each level of her brilliant choices (even those that were hard lessons), and what it’s amounted to today.
On the show, we discuss:
- The mistake we make by waiting for opportunities to be handed to us instead of creating our own
- The distinction between selling an image and manifesting your best self online (the you be you element)
- The phone call Keri got in 2008 that led her to jump on a plane to work in New Zealand the following week to teach some wild stuff
- The energy of money – how your investing out and receiving in flow through the same space (Keri and I are living proof of this concept)
- The importance of live events – meeting face-to-face changes your destiny
- How Kevin Sorbo (“Hercules!”) helped lead Keri to hosting her first show online (originally by way of the Golf Channel)
- BONUS: How a disastrous stint teaching STEP in the 90s taught me (Ali) how to ‘own a room’ forever more
Keri and I have quite a wild chat on this week’s episode of Glambition Radio.
VERY IMPORTANT: You’ll also hear about Keri’s upcoming Brilliant Event in LA on June 4-6, 2017, which I’ll be speaking at. We’d love you to come join us! Use code Ali100 for a special $100 off at www.thebrilliantevent.com
This special gathering of success-minded women will be led by Keri, myself, and four other mavens who have multi-million dollar brands — designer Jennifer Adams, “Business Chicks” founder Emma Isaacs, home décor maven Dayna Decker, and LA Sparks president Christine Simmons. We’ll talk positioning, growing, and scaling your business to create influence, impact, and income. It’s at a very accessible price point and at a beautiful waterfront venue.
On this episode of Glambition Radio, Keri and I also talk about yearning for Barbizon at 13, camera jitters, being a hot mess, and how she keeps her house so clean while raising her beautiful baby daughter Lauren on her own.
I know you’ll get a lot out of this episode. So click play above and listen to this episode of Glambition Radio now (or download for later).
Love and Success,
PS – I hope you can come meet us in person at www.thebrilliantevent.com. Remember to use code Ali100 for a special $100 off. xo
PPS — I would love your review! If you enjoy what I share in this episode, please leave a review and comment on iTunes. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!