When 7 years old and living on a remote sugar plantation in Hawaii, Jennifer Kem told her schoolteacher that when she grew up she wanted to ‘join the General Counsel of Coca-Cola’. Her teacher and parents told her that did not make sense and to choose another ‘real’ profession.
And while this brand advisor’s professional vision has since evolved, her keen mind for business opportunity and willingness to embrace personal evolution has continued to deliver success… in spite of massive external inconveniences, personal detours and disappointments, and generations of limiting cultural and familial programming.
On #GlambitionRadio you’ll hear how Jennifer has gracefully navigated several professional peaks and crashes: from scaling the ladder and discovering the riggings of the ‘corporate game’, to building an 8-figure retail business from the ground up, to thriving after the economic crash of 2008. And with the uncertainty surrounding today’s business and economic landscape, Jennifer is an authentic voice of wisdom and leadership in a sea of noise.
Her pragmatic and skeptical approach to business and life is not only refreshing but relatable. (And if you’re familiar with the online marketing ‘bro-down’ culture, I think you’ll get a real kick out of our conversation too. And how she references the whole affiliate game I can’t mention here, but you’ll hear it on GlambitionRadio.com. ;))
Jennifer is a San Francisco Bay-based serial entrepreneur who helps other entrepreneurs to get seen, heard, and paid for being themselves. She’s the creator of the Master Brand Method, a framework that she’s used to strategize and launch projects for celebrity brands like Oprah Winfrey Network and Steve Harvey, and major corporations including Verizon, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Bank of Hawaii.
On this episode, you’ll hear:
- The hardwired generational, cultural, and family belief systems that Jennifer felt destined to break (do any of these sound familiar to you?)
- How Jennifer seized a massive business opportunity lurking in her geographic isolation (who knew there was nowhere to buy this everyday item in Hawaii?)
- How a single episode of ‘Oprah’ (that had nothing to do with Jennifer personally) helped grow her retail business to 8-figures in only 18-months (this was —and is—a brilliant marketing move)
- The defining moment when Jennifer realized the corporate game was fixed… and how she planned her strategic exit (this is NOT the renegade story I expected…)
- Why it’s more important to be thoughtful instead of overthinking (and how this applies to more than just business)
So head to Apple Podcasts now to listen to this episode of Glambition Radio (or download it for later).
And come join in the conversation on Instagram or Facebook.
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts,’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
- Learn more about Jennifer’s branding and marketing strategies
- Take Jennifer’s Brand Archetypes quiz
- Book a private VIP Strategy Day with me, Ali Brown
- Learn more about The Trust – my new premier network for 7+8-figure women entrepreneurs