Have you (like me) found yourself baking more than ever over the past year? If so, you may have realized that an apron is the kitchen staple you didn’t know you needed. And if there’s anyone who knows the impact of a proper kitchen uniform, it’s today’s guest…
Ellen Bennett is the founder + CEO of Hedley & Bennett, the leading Los Angeles-based culinary workwear brand. After a 4-year culinary school experience in her native Mexico City, Ellen put her hustle and artistic flair to work in two LA Michelin Star restaurants, Providence and Baco Mercat. It was here Ellen confronted the kitchen staff’s shockingly poor-quality uniforms, which were a far cry from the quality, creativity, and excellence of the meals prepared! Thus, Hedley & Bennett was born to provide these kitchen ‘athletes’ with functional AND stylish aprons and workwear.
As you’ll learn on Glambition Radio, Ellen’s initial apron test run was a sizzling hit. What began as a 40-sample order soon turned into outfitting hundreds, then thousands, of restaurants and hospitality businesses with the finest quality materials available. (While this is impressive, Ellen’s NOT having all the answers and plowing ahead anyway is what I find most admirable!)
Today, Hedley & Bennett provides workwear and gear to outfit over 6,000 restaurants, hotels, coffee shops, resorts and hundreds of thousands of home cooks the world over. Hedley & Bennett has also collaborated with such brands as Vans, Madewell, Parachute Home, Rifle Paper Co., Product (RED) and others. Ellen and her company have been featured in the New York Times, Fast Company, Inc., Bon Appetit, Martha Stewart, The Today Show, and more. Her new book, ‘Dream First, Details Later: How to Quit Overthinking and Make It Happen!’ is now available for pre-order.
On this episode of #GlambitionRadio, you’ll hear:
- Hedley & Bennett’s fastest growing business channel—and how to ritualize the gift of home cooking with a proper apron (I’m telling you, the feeling is REAL!)
- The thought that lives in Ellen’s head ‘100% of the time’… and how she perseveres through ‘the world is ending’ moments (as if 2020 wasn’t enough, hear Ellen’s crazy eviction story!)
- Ellen shares her very simple, basic strategy to market her products in real time by embracing THIS social dynamic with her customers…
- How Ellen ‘Vitamixes’ her desires into existence—you’ll learn what this means—including her 200 lb. pet Oliver (can you guess what animal he is?!)
- Why I wouldn’t get on Ellen’s bad side… and how everyone can channel her ‘go-getter’ attitude to help bring their visions to fruition
Head to Apple Podcasts now to listen to this episode of Glambition Radio (or download it for later).
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts,’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!