As research for her newest book, Dorie Clark did over 50 in-depth interviews with successful high 7-and-8 figure entrepreneurs on how they make money from their expertise. When she began writing the book and actually testing the techniques for herself, her income grew well over $200,000 — before her book was even published. She shares how on this episode of Glambition Radio, and you don’t want to miss it.
Once her book “Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive” was published, it was named one of the Top 10 Business Books of 2017 by Forbes. And Dorie’s previous book “Stand Out” was named #1 Leadership Book of 2015 by Inc. Magazine. The New York Times has described Dorie as an “expert at self-reinvention and helping others make changes in their lives.”
On the show, Dorie takes us through the 3-step process that she laid out in Entrepreneurial You to help readers immediately apply proven strategies to leverage their business into multiple income streams. Today she has nine different income streams all while living the life she wants. She’s the real deal. Get ready for a very real and inspiring conversation on true entrepreneurship on this episode of Glambition Radio.
On the show, we also cover:
* why you don’t need a big audience to have a successful business (you just need the RIGHT audience)
* why you can’t wait for someone to discover you (remember, you don’t need permission)
* how you can build your audience into a loyal community (the right way to network)
* the importance of purposeful positioning™ (this is how you build trust and credibility with your audience — I talked about this at my Iconic workshop)
* how to present valuable advice even if you aren’t an expert in that subject or category (curation is key)
* how to build credibility and gain recognition in your industry (these things take time but they WILL become a source of revenue)
* why you shouldn’t rely too much on a plan in your business (things are going to change and you have to be able to follow the clues that will bring you to the big opportunities you want)
* why you don’t have to follow the models that are already out there (allow yourself to do something different that aligns with the life you want to live)
* the importance of having what she calls a “heads down” year where you can focus on the not-so-fun things (like infrastructure, website rebranding, and one sheets — we all need one of these once in awhile)
And if you want to test drive some of the concepts from Entrepreneurial You and think about how to create multiple income streams in your own business you can take Dorie’s free self-assessment at dorieclark.com/entrepreneur.
On the show Dorie and I also talk about how she became the producer of a multiple Grammy-winning jazz album and got to be on stage at the Grammys last year. I love this story! And it was all because she practiced what she teaches.
I know you’ll get a lot out of this episode. So listen to this episode of Glambition Radio now (or download for later).
P.S. This is Dorie’s second time on the show — if you want to dive deeper into her backstory, listen to #76 on iTunes here.