This former White House Press Secretary — and today a familiar face on Fox News — had a story I never knew until this interview on #GlambitionRadio. And what a discussion we had!
From Dana Perino’s humble beginnings on a small-town Wyoming cattle ranch to later representing the highest office in the United States, she’s now sharing her wisdom to be a supporting voice for women when it comes to navigating their careers and lives.
Her new book ‘Everything Will Be Okay: Life Lessons for Young Women (from a Former Young Woman)’ is jam-packed with great advice and ‘in the trenches’ stories on tough decisions Dana made over the decades, as well as some heartfelt insights into her life and family.
Following the 9/11 attacks in 2001, Dana joined the Bush Administration as a spokesperson at the U.S. Department of Justice. She was later invited to become press secretary in a twist of fate that she wasn’t expecting… as you’ll hear on this episode of Glambition Radio. And today she anchors ‘The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino’ and is a co-host of ‘The Five’ on Fox News Channel.
On this episode of #GlambitionRadio, you’ll hear:
- The one decision Dana made at an early age that ‘programmed’ her entire career trajectory… and why asking THIS question will foreshadow your future success
- Why the launch of ‘Everything Will Be Okay’ was ‘the right book to write at the right time’, especially after the disruption of last year (plus, hear which chapters have had a mysterious resonance with Dana’s readers)
- The ballsy story Dana’s publishers wanted to remove from her manuscript to make her more ‘likeable’, but she fought to have included in the book. (And this was my favorite story too!)
- How pivotal moments in our country’s history have shaped each generation of women—and how to leverage adversity to your career advantage (plus, her fascinating take on 2020’s effect on young women today…)
- Why it’s critical for today’s professional women to seek partners who can support what they need in the moment (and how to cater to the ebbs and flows of love + career over a lifelong timeline)
- And finally, the ‘how she met her husband’ story: a juicy tale involving a suitcase and a dashing English stranger, which I’m nominating for this year’s #1 love story!
Head to Apple Podcasts now to listen to this episode of Glambition Radio (or download it for later).
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts,’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!