She grew a women’s work collaboration hub during a global pandemic from serving just one NYC neighborhood to 36 COUNTRIES…
Cate Luzio is the Founder + CEO of Luminary, a membership-based career and personal growth platform and collaboration hub designed to uplift + upskill women through ALL phases of their professional journey.
Originally designed as a 15,000 square foot physical meeting space in New York City, Cate experienced a true test of leadership and ruthless prioritization when the 2020 pandemic hit. (There’s nothing like isolation to challenge the growth of a LIVE, in-person membership model!) But in staying true to her mission, Cate led Luminary through a rapid transition to become a powerful online community, which now supports more women than ever before.
And, as you’ll learn on Glambition Radio, there’s never been a bigger need for the kind of platform and support network that Luminary offers. As many women leave corporate careers to become entrepreneurs, or are navigating hybrid workplaces for the first time, Cate is leading the conversation to help them sharpen their skills and confidence no matter their professional goals. (Funding? Got it. Mentorship? Yes. Business growth? Luminary is here to help.)
Before starting Luminary, Cate spent twenty years in financial services leading global multibillion-dollar businesses and managing more than 2,000 employees worldwide. She was recognized as one of Forbes’ Next 1,000 Entrepreneurs in 2021 and a Top 100 Female Founder by Inc. in 2019. Cate has been featured in top financial, business, and lifestyle media and is currently a contributing writer for Fast Company, Business Insider, and Worth.
On this episode of #GlambitionRadio, you’ll hear:
- The moment Cate saw a HUGE gap in the market for women’s professional development… and how Luminary answers the call for women at work seeking ‘real world’ guidance + resources
- How Luminary went from serving women in one neighborhood in NYC to now all over the world—and why the drama of last year’s pandemic was actually the greatest ‘illumination’ for Cate’s team and mission
- Cate shares her simple, ‘glass ball’ method to ‘ruthlessly prioritize’, and how her approachable tactics can transform + optimize your daily and lifelong productivity (she makes it sound so easy!)
- Why Cate’s revenue dropped a whopping 80% only 14 months after launching—and how her company infrastructure was already primed to adapt to adversity (these are excellent points to keep in mind as you build new ventures!)
- Why community is essential to professional growth… AND how to embrace individualized needs within this larger ‘ecosystem’ and economy (because women’s priorities are so different now from just a few years ago!)
Head to Apple Podcasts now to listen to this episode of Glambition Radio (or download it for later).
And come join in the conversation on Instagram or Facebook.
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts,’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
- Learn more about Luminary + explore memberships
- Get on the ICONIC Priority Notification List
- Learn more about The Trust– my new premier network for 7+8-figure women entrepreneurs