I never expected to homeschool my twins. But 2020 was a transformational year, and I realized the incredible value of creating a deeper connection with my kids through our homeschool journey. And I have today’s guest to thank for helping guide our homeschool transition!
Julie Bogart is the founder of the innovative program ‘Brave Writer’ and is known as ‘the popular voice of common sense and compassion in the homeschool community’. She’s a mother who educated her own five children at home, and draws on her work with tens of thousands of families over the last 20+ years to provide enriching and educational programs for those new to homeschooling.
Julie’s writing advisory began as a need for parents in her community in the late 1990s when, as a professional writer, she was shocked to discover the lackluster instruction in her friend’s homeschooling curriculum. She quickly realized the market opportunity for her teaching expertise. And while Brave Writer has been successfully guiding homeschool families for more than 20 years, it has taken off to incredible heights due to the mass homeschool migration of 2020. (Imagine growing a membership community from 600 clients to over 10,000 in just one year!)
Julie’s Brave Writer programs include award-winning online writing classes and paradigm-shifting writing manuals that allow parents and kids to become allies in the writing process. She is also the author of the best-selling book, ‘The Brave Learner’ and host of the popular Brave Writer podcast. Her newest book, ‘Raising Critical Thinkers’, comes out in February 2022. She lives in Cincinnati, Ohio where she home educated her five children (now globe-trotting adults) for 17 years.
On this episode of #GlambitionRadio, you’ll hear:
- The eye-opening moment Julie realized the viability of a ‘how to homeschool’ business… and the epiphany that her natural gifts were in HIGH demand for other parents and peers (she was way ahead of her time, as you’ll hear…)
- Julie’s fascinating observations on the evolving counterculture of homeschooling… especially as a wave of ‘Covid-Schoolers’ has created an ENORMOUS new market of public-school converts (and I’m one of them!)
- How Julie’s ‘flower power’ schoolteachers, an innocent inquiry from her date, and her own mother’s self-directed career helped shape Julie into the homeschool expert she is today (I LOVE when dots connect in hindsight!)
- A brilliant solution to inspire your children to write… and how to leverage these innocent moments into boosts of confidence, family closeness, and skill-building (and if you’re getting some pushback from the kiddos, Julie has an answer for that, too!)
- Why mechanics aren’t actually the most important aspect of teaching your children how to write… and what to focus on instead to create an enriching learning environment anywhere, anytime
Head to Apple Podcasts now to listen to this episode of Glambition Radio (or download it for later).
And come join in the conversation on Instagram or Facebook.
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts,’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
- Learn more about Julie’s programs and resources on the Brave Writer website
- Order Julie’s book, ‘The Brave Learner’
- Listen to the Brave Writer Podcast
- Learn more + apply for ICONIC 2021: Liberation at ICONICwithAliBrown.com
- Learn more about The Trust– my new premier network for 7+8-figure women entrepreneurs