—Sonya Herbert, Miss Mega Marketing, Huskisson, NSW, Australia
Ali’s Answer: “Hi Sonya, thanks for asking. Media kits aren’t just for large, high-profile businesses. Whatever your size or type of business, whether you are just starting out or been in business for years, you should have even just a simple one. A media kit, sometimes called a press kit, is simply an information packet about a business or product. The goal of a media kit is the same as with any marketing you do: It should get the reader’s attention, make a lasting impression, and get them interested in contacting you for more information.
Here’s a checklist of what you can include as your business grows:
* your bio (make sure to include accomplishments, awards, etc.)
* professional photos of you
* overview of your business, products, and services
* press releases related to your business
* copies of press coverage (articles about you or that you were featured in)
* showreel (clips of you on TV or on radio)
While some people still have printed press kits (I did for a while to make a big impact), most folks these days have a digital one. You can see a sample of my public media page here. And my new showreel should be ready soon!”
Love and success,
Have a question for Ali?Send her your question about business and success now via this form.