I am NOT a great cook so you know if I can make this and it tastes delicious, YOU can too! 😉 Perfect for a chilly day, and healthy and filling too. Loaded with protein and fiber. Please note I do like my chili really thick, so if you want it a bit thinner then swap the can of tomato sauce for another can of diced tomatoes. Or experiment on your own. I prefer to use all organic ingredients when possible.
– 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
– 1 pound ground white turkey
– 1 can diced tomatoes with jalapenos/chili peppers
– 1 can tomato sauce
– 2 cans kidney beans
– 1 can black beans
– 1/2 med. onion chopped
– 2 Tbsp. chili powder
– 1 tsp red pepper flakes
– 1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
– 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
– 1 pinch ground black pepper
– 1 pinch ground allspice
– 1/2 cup chopped green onion or parsley (optional)
– cooking oil spray
– salt to taste
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Brown turkey and drain.
2. Coat inside of cooker with cooking spray, and mix in all ingredients including turkey.
3. Cover and cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
I like to serve with a sprinkle of the green onion or parsley on top for a dash of color!
ENJOY and let me know how it works for you! I’d also love to hear your alterations and how they came out.
Love and success,