If you find it easier to advocate for others’ success and recognition than your own, this conversation is a MUST-listen.
Alexandra Carter is a negotiation expert and author of ‘Ask For More: 10 Questions to Negotiate Anything’. In an industry saturated with tips and techniques from military hostage negotiations and bare-knuckled business dealings, Alex introduces a unique perspective on modern negotiation… one that preserves relationships while preparing you to advocate for your own needs and desires and ‘ask for more’.
Because as it turns out, successful negotiation requires a lot less force and much more finesse, as you’ll hear on Glambition Radio. (And rest assured, if this still feels out of your wheelhouse, Alex provides a few scripts that you can apply in ANY negotiation situation to set yourself up for success.)
Alex is a Clinical Professor of Law and Director of the Mediation Clinic at Columbia Law School. She’s spent the last 11 years helping thousands of people negotiate better, build relationships, and reach their goals. Alex has trained groups and individuals all over the world to negotiate, including the United Nations, Fortune 100 companies, the U.S. government, foreign governments, not-for-profit organizations, universities, and private law firms.
Her book, ‘Ask for More’ was the first negotiation book solo-authored by a woman to make that list—and became an instant Wall Street Journal bestseller.
On this episode of #GlambitionRadio, you’ll hear:
- The unexpected conversation angle that puts you in the best position to get what you want… WITHOUT having any answers! (In fact, not having the answers is your advantage…)
- Why negotiation has nothing to do with numbers—contrary to popular belief—and how mastering THIS silent skill is the secret to ‘asking for more’
- How women are predisposed to negotiate for *other* people… and why celebrating our own expertise can be used in service to others (especially important for women in the workplace)
- Alex’s self-imposed college challenge that helped crack her comfort zone… just imagine ‘asking for more’ from 1,500 strangers! (This was a ballsy move, and it paid off)
Head to Apple Podcasts now to listen to this episode of Glambition Radio (or download it for later).
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts,’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
- Order Alex’s book, ‘Ask For More: 10 Questions to Negotiate Anything’ online
- View more of Alex’s negotiation resources on AlexCarterAsks.com
- Reserve your spot for The Trust’s Private Informational Call on Feb. 3