Her interview-format “The Valley Girl Show” was nominated for an Emmy, she’s the fourth generation of her family to be a venture capitalist, and her new Halogen Ventures focuses on early stage investing in female founded consumer technology. Meet Jesse Draper on this week’s Glambition Radio.
When hosting “The Valley Girl Show”, Jesse not only helped pioneer the way for women in digital media, but she made it a point to make 50% of her interviews with women working in the tech industry. She has produced and distributed over 300 interviews with some of the greatest business minds, leaders, and personalities including; Sheryl Sandberg, Ted Turner, Mark Cuban, Elon Musk, Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, Jessica Alba, and Eric Schmidt. Her show helped propel Jesse to the top, and she was listed by Marie Claire magazine as one of the ‘50 Most Connected Women in America’.
On this episode of Glambition Radio, I have Jesse go back through the many layers of her success, how she moved from her previous acting career into the show, and why she’s so passionate about investing in the women’s tech space.
On the show we discuss:
* how, after two years of reaching out to Mark Cuban, he finally said yes to being on her show, and how Jesse made it happen within 24 hours
* how she learned how to invest in the stock market through a game on an old CD-ROM
* her incredible upbringing learning about investing via her father and grandfather : She sat in on Skype’s first board meeting in Estonia when she was only 16
* how she broke the “news” of Sheryl Sandberg as a previous aerobics instructor, and the importance of keeping your guests at ease during an interview
* what makes a good interview and how to get a guest off their boring PR script
* why she has decided to step away from “The Valley Girl Show” temporarily
* her new show “Meet the Drapers” which will be the first time an audience can participate by not just voting but by investing
On this episode of Glambition Radio, Jesse and I also talk about the importance of confidence, standing up for your own opinions, how networking is not just about meeting people, how to see your vision through, and how our kids’ school schedules are NOT really set up for working moms at all! And we have a TON of fun.
So head over to iTunes and listen to this episode of Glambition Radio now (or download for later).
Love and Success,
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoy what I share in this episode, please leave a review and comment on iTunes. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!