This new-generation money expert isn’t going to tell you how to clip coupons or save money on gas. But she IS about learning to be smart with money and enjoy a “rich” life. Her audience is resonating with it, by way of her bestselling books including “When She Makes More”, to her chart-topping “So Money” podcast (which I’ll be a guest on in two weeks), to her monthly column in “O Magazine” and past TV shows on CNBC and other networks.
Farnoosh was the daughter of Iranian immigrants. She worked hard to earn her master’s degree, and then was living in NYC, saddled with $30,000 in student loans, and making $18 an hour at her first job. Coincidentally (or maybe not… in the grand destiny of things) the job was fact checking at Money magazine.
While seeking advice on how to climb out of debt while living in one of the most expensive cities in the world, Farnoosh discovered that NO ONE was speaking to her generation about money. She realized our country was filled with people like her – young, thirsty professionals who were ambitious but just didn’t know how to deal with day-to-day money issues, much less make educated decisions to secure a healthy financial future. And they didn’t want to listen to an older generation of money gurus or out of touch financial planners.
—-> I love how she SAW the opportunity to be this “expert” from an early age, and then, as you’ll hear on the show, she simply plotted out how to get there, and then kept moving forward.
On this week’s episode of Glambition Radio, Farnoosh shares the stories that turned her from a near-intern to a personal finance authority who now owns a lot of the next generation media domain.
On the show, we discuss:
- How Farnoosh found her niche and positioned herself as an expert, step by step
- How she got her “So Money” podcast up to 100,000 downloads a MONTH as soon as possible, and continues to use it to break the ranks
- How Farnoosh gets guests like Tony Robbins, Robert Kiyosaki, Jillian Michaels, and Tim Gunn to open up about their financial perspectives, money failures, and habits. (I’ll be in her hot seat on June 12!)
- A candid discussion on what inspired her book “When She Makes More” and our own journeys around being the breadwinners of our families
- The difference between making money with what you do vs. making money from what you know.
On this episode of Glambition Radio, Farnoosh and I also talk financial bandwidth, mute buttons, and investing in self-care. I know you’ll get a lot out of this episode. So head over to iTunes and listen to this episode of Glambition Radio now (or download for later).
Love and Success,
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoy what I share in this episode, please leave a review and comment on iTunes. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!