After working in a male-dominated field for 14 years, Alison Lumbatis had had enough and wanted to spend more time with her two kids while she considered a new career. There was only one problem: She didn’t know what to wear when she wasn’t working!
When she realized she was falling into a rut of yoga pants and feeling frumpy, she looked for advice on how to feel a bit more pulled together.
When she couldn’t find what she was looking for, she started her own blog called Get Your Pretty On (GYPO). The blog built a huge audience, but wasn’t making money, and she was looking for a way to earn a living from it.
After surveying her subscribers, she realized they’d like more “done for you” recommendations, so she created StyleChallenges.com which was a first-of-its kind subscription “style capsules” for clients who wanted done-for-you wardrobe recommendations, and from there her revenues really took off. (Alison explains more about this business model on the show.)
Now, just three years later, my client Alison’s ventures are reaching a half million visitors annually in 200 countries worldwide, and over 10,000 women in 20 different countries have taken part in her style challenges.
That’s all cool enough, but what’s going to really blow your mind is the next level she’s taking this to, which we developed during our VIP Strategy Day together last year…
On the show, we discuss:
- Why her blog stuck a chord with women and how she grew it to over 150,000 page views per month in the first year
- How what we wear affects our confidence and how others perceive us and our business (even when you’re just working at home – you’ll hear my funny story on how I just can’t close big deals while wearing sweatpants)
- Alison’s biggest regret in building her blog. (Don’t make this mistake!)
- Why you need to wake up and do the work every day — she’ll explain).
- My big beef with corporate “business casual”… and the humorous story that started the idea for this episode.
On this episode of Glambition Radio, Alison and I also talk about the seductive active-wear phenomenon, the trends to look out for this fall, and classic basics that carry over from season to season. (I love a good pair of nude heels!).
You’re going to love this episode. So head over to iTunes and listen to this episode of Glambition Radio now (or download for later).
Love and Success,
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoy what I share in this episode, please leave a review and comment on iTunes. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!